Client FPSO Lead Document Controller
Our client, a global oil & gas operator, requires a Client Rep FPSO Document Controller to join their team on a long-term contract basis, initially in Singapore.
Reporting to the FPSO Project Services Lead, The FPSO Lead Document Controller is responsible for managing a team of document controllers at the FPSO EPC engineering location and supporting the execution of document control activities within the FPSO project locations. This includes managing receipt, filing, reporting and distribution of documents and correspondence records in accordance with project and company requirements.
- Manage a small team of document controllers
- Provide Document and Correspondence Control support by ensuring overarching document control governance, systems and standards are adhered to and followed in accordance to project defined FPSO work processes and contractual requirements.
- Ensure the flow of documentation and actively contribute to the provision of an efficient, cost effective document control support service for the Project
- Ensure documents are formatted, numbered, revision controlled and managed in accordance with project defined procedures and standards
- Distribute documents to relevant parties using appropriate matrices and tracking procedures
- Manage workflows for the distribution, review and commenting of contractor documents
- Expedite delivery of information from project personnel and contractors
- Interface with internal project team and contractors providing them with project requirements for document numbering, file transfer, completion of metadata, preparation and issue of MDR
- Support the administration of the functional mailbox to ensure acceptable turn-around times are met
- Communicate and promote awareness of document control systems, processes and standards where required
- Run and maintain business reports as required, typical examples;
Outstanding document review and approvals | Document validity and expiration reports | Planned documents
- Support IM projects and initiatives, including the optimal utilization of the Pims and EPCI contractor document control capabilities
- Provide file share data transfer where users are utilising shared or non -company drives to store project information
To be considered for the role, you will display the following:
- Extensive client rep document control experience on oil & gas megaprojects
- Extensive prior experience working as the client’s representative throughout the entire lifecycle of an FPSO project’s development
- Proven experience of Document Control work processes, tools and information products in support of effective Document Control
- Familiarity with file viewing and mark-up software
- Methodical and practical approach to issue prevention and problem solving
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work under the pressures of a major capital project
- Experience in the provision of training/coaching and support services
- Demonstrated capacity to learn new skills and integrate new knowledge into existing work activities
- Self-motivated with ability to work using initiative and with minimum supervision.
- Extensive knowledge of PIMS Information Management System, Software provided by Omega
- Prior work experience with Documentum