Client Barossa Structural Engineer
Our client, a oil & natural gas multinational corporation requires a Barossa Structural Engineer.
Reporting to the Mechanical Engineering Lead for the duration of the project, the Structural Engineer will provide engineering support on all structural design issues for Barossa FPSO (Topsides, Hull, Turret). The incumbent will provide assurance on technical delivery of the structural engineering scope provided by the Engineering, Procurement, Installation and Commissioning (EPIC) contractor.
- Ensure the structural design scope is delivered in accordance with contract requirements (Functional Specification, BOD, schedule, scope of work, project specifications, relevant codes and standards, etc.) and is technically fit for purpose.
- Ensure that the Contractor’s engineering deliverables and scope are aligned with the overall project and business unit requirements.
- Ensure structural design continuity between the Topsides, Hull and Turret.
- Ensure Contractor’s weight control report accurately reflects the design and build of the FPSO.
- Provide day to day support to project team on structural engineering matters.
- Review project documentation and provide technical input to EPIC Contractor and Vendors through all phases of project execution.
- Ensure structural design reviews / studies are performed as identified in the SOW and Functional Specification and are in compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Consolidate Company comments on structural design documents under review.
- Review Contractor’s monthly weight control/progress report and identify potential areas of concern.
- Participate in multi-discipline safety and technical reviews as required.
- Participate in 3-D model reviews, mechanical handling reviews and constructability reviews.
- Liaise with Mechanical Engineering Lead and/or Technical Authorities for approval of technical queries/deviations.
- Liaise with Operations personnel to maintain alignment between Project and Operations teams.
- Alert Mechanical Engineering Lead of any technical issues which could impact schedule or cost.
- Maintain effective working relationships with Project, Operations and EPIC Contractor teams.
- If required, coordinate independent design reviews by a third party.
- Participate in construction meetings and review construction drawings.
- Participate in project risk management process, including identification and closing out of risks pertinent to your scope.
- Provide input and necessary support for Safety Case development.
- Interface with various external parties such as SURF and SPS.
- Takes ownership
- Communicates effectively
- Drives performance
- Promotes knowledge sharing, proactively disseminates information to others
- Makes decisions
- Barossa Project team
- ABU-W Operations team
- EPIC contractor and subcontractors
Budget Responsibility: As per the Limitations of Authority (LOA)
Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities:
- Comply with HSE policies, Life Saving Rules, procedures, goals and program, and roles and responsibilities within the Australia Business Unit West (ABUW) HSE Management System.
- Actively engage in, and contribute to HSE communication and consultation processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to establishing and meeting HSE performance targets and generate ideas for continuous HSE performance improvement.
- Understand and give primary consideration to managing the hazards and risks associated with your role and other risks that can impact our organizational objectives.
Additional HSE Responsibilities:
- Ensure safe work practices are adhered to and that the Contractor’s design and activities are commensurate with COP requirements for safety and operability.
- Actively participate in site HSE initiatives, investigations and reporting of hazards, near misses and incidents.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil – Structural) with a minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in the Oil and Gas, Chemical or similar industry.
- Comprehensive knowledge of international standards and codes.
- Familiarity with structural analysis software (SACAS, STAADPRO), 3D model software (Navisworks), and drafting software (AutoCAD).
- Previous experience as a Lead Structural Engineer responsible for delivery of defined off-shore project scopes.
- Previous experience in design, construction, module fabrication, transportation, installation, load-out of fixed platforms and/or FPSO.
- Previous experience monitoring weight reports and working with EPIC Contractor to ensure weight reports are accurate and up to date.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Collaborates effectively with other specialist disciplines to influence change.
- Utilizes technical expertise to find practical solutions to challenging problems effectively and efficiently.
- A strong working knowledge of design procedures, relevant standards and regulations.
- Chartered engineer status with an accredited engineering organisation (Engineers Australia or equivalent).
- Previous FPSO capital project or major brownfield experience.
- Knowledge of Australian Regulatory Regime or experience with Safety Case development.
- Previous experience in working in a multicultural, international team.
- Experience managing interfaces between topsides modules, hull, and turret.
- Familiar with ABS Class requirements.
- In depth knowledge of structural analysis and 3D software packages.