Client Barossa FPSO Quality Engineer
Our client, a oil & natural gas multinational corporation requires a Barossa FPSO Quality Engineer.
The FPSO Quality Engineer will provide specialist QA / QC support to the FPSO team in their over-sight of the Barossa FPSO Contractor, to ensure quality requirements are achieved for the delivery of the FPSO scope.
- Coordination of procurement inspection activities, ensuring appropriate Contractor and Company representation at equipment supplier locations.
- Communicating equipment status to the Barossa FPSO Engineering and Delivery teams.
- Participate in equipment / requisition criticality assessments.
- Review Barossa FPSO EPCI Contractor Quality deliverables applicable to Prequalification and Tender evaluations for all Equipment Procurement Orders.
- Review and approve Contractor's inspection management plans (including Inspection and Test Plans) for EPCI phase and ensure any Company inspection intervention points are included, in liaison with the Procurement Quality Coordinator.
- Implement the design and procurement portions of the Verification Check Plans.
- Review Barossa FPSO inspection budget provided by Inspection Service Providers, for individual equipment suppliers.
- Participate in Pre-Inspection Meetings with equipment supplier in liaison with Contractor QC personnel.
- Participate in Contractor led audits of equipment suppliers (pre-award, technical product and purchase order closeout audits).
- Ensure all inspection reports are reviewed and action is taken as agreed with the FPSO Quality Manager.
- Ensure Non Conformance Reports (NCRs) are distributed to package engineers and monitored to closeout.
- Coordinate equipment supplier MDR reviews and ensure package engineer(s) are involved in the review process.
- Preparation of ISP monthly reporting to support Barossa HSEQ Manager performance reporting and other tasks as assigned by FPSO Quality Manager.
- Collaborates effectively
- Communicates effectively and efficiently
- Makes informed decisions
- Proactive, self-starter
- Barossa FPSO Quality Manager
- FPSO Team and Contractors
- Barossa HSEQ Manager
Budget Responsibility: As per Limitations of Authority (LOA)
Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Responsibilities:
- Comply with HSE policies, Life Saving Rules, procedures, goals and program, and roles and responsibilities within the Australia Business Unit West (ABUW) HSE Management System.
- Actively engage in, and contribute to HSE communication and consultation processes.
- Demonstrate a commitment to establishing and meeting HSE performance targets and generate ideas for continuous HSE performance improvement.
- Understand and give primary consideration to managing the hazards and risks associated with your role and other risks that can impact our organizational objectives.
Experience & Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Science or related oil and gas fields.
- Lead Auditor Qualification (ISO9001) from a recognized industry body, with a minimum 5 years, recent auditing experience of oil and gas Vendors.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in major EPCI offshore oil/gas projects in the application of quality control management, including ISO29001.
- Supervision of third-party inspection and verification bodies.
- Able to plan, organize and conduct multiple functions in a dynamic work environment.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A high degree of cultural awareness and understanding for international locations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to maintain and develop positive relations with internal stakeholders, including those in different geographical locations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to present issues in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to travel frequently (75%) internationally.